[Plex] File is read-only

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
RollingDutch

Re: [Plex] File is read-only

Post by RollingDutch »

Tried directory /mnt and used nano editor, that failed.

tried direcotry /mnt/dietpi_userdata/volume1/Movies also with nano, and that worked.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I guess you used user dietpi? This is correct that this user can't write to /mnt directly as it is not allowed by file system permission. By default root user is allowed only to write directly into /mnt
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Yes, was indeed using user dietpi.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

still I'm confused what your issue is now and what you are trying to achieve
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

What I'm trying is to add the libraries to Plex. they are stored on my nas (192.168.0.10) and I want to be able to watch them on plex. The path on my Synology is /volume1/Movies; /volume1/Series

In /mnt/dietpi_userdata/volume1/ the files are actually visible when logged in as user root, but I still can't add them to the Plex media server.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

What is the error message in Plex and can you share

Code: Select all

ls -la /mnt/dietpi_userdata/volume1/