Dietpi-config network option test fail

I had to use a backup image of my dietpi/Pi-hole setup as my disk became corrupted. I am currently using the reimage, having issues connecting to my network. When I run the dietpi-config network test it fails. Even changing the dns to 1.1.1.1 it wont stick and reverts back to my true dns. Unbound reports no error. Stopping Unbound ,same issue. Im only able to use network if I change the dns in Linux PC to something other than the pihole dns.
Im on latest dietpi…rpi3 and 4 give same error?
thxs

I

Required Information

• DietPi version | cat /boot/dietpi/.version
  • Distro version | echo $G_DISTRO_NAME $G_RASPBIAN
  • Kernel version | uname --all
  • Architecture | dpkg --print-architecture
  • SBC model | echo $G_HW_MODEL_NAME or (EG: RPi3)
  • Power supply used | (EG: 5V 1A RAVpower)
  • SD card used | (EG: SanDisk ultra)

Additional Information (if applicable)

• Software title | (EG: Nextcloud)
  • Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated?
  • Can this issue be replicated on a fresh installation of DietPi?
    ← If you sent a “dietpi-bugreport”, please paste the ID here →
  • Bug report ID | echo $G_HW_UUID

Steps to reproduce

Expected behaviour

Actual behaviour

Extra details

Do you use Static IP or DHCP

Best is to use Static IP and set a public DNS provider inside DietPi network options

Yes static for both but I cant change the DNS , I choose the DNS IP, then hit apply, says its going to make change and then it goes back to screen with static DNS?

I removed sd card and manually changed to a public dns…confirmed it took in dietpi-config…ran test ,still failed

Probably another dhcp deamon has been installed

Can you share following

cat /etc/resolv.conf
dpkg -l dhcp*

You should remove the dhcp5 package if not needed. It’s overwriting your Static IP configuration

Is this the correct command: apt purge dhcpcd5 dnsutils

Yes but I would not purge dnsutils. Removing dhcpcd5 should be enough

Ok removed dhcpcd5 and am able to change DNS IP w/o issue but unfortunately the network test still fails and my Pi-hole still not working

You would need to share some logs

I cant beleive how much time Ive spent on this issue…I ended up adding the dietpi dhcp address (215) directly to my network adapter and all is good

What do you mean by this? What have you added where?

I added the dns address to my linux pc metwork adapter instead of using auto dhcp but it crapped out a few mins later so Im back to square one

#edit# I have some custom port forwardings which I turned off many times when testing this setup…currently have them off and all is working…Im suspecting my 3 yr old Pi4 network adapter is causing the issue as a new rpi 3 is holding up…I also may have cuased the issue as I was moving the sd card from the 4 to the 3 and back and forth, the mac address was causing an issue too…still crossing my fingers