Remote Control RPI4 (Pitunnel Alternative w/Desktop)

I am looking for a software option similar to Teamviewer of Pitunnel. I need to remotely access the RPI4 remotely. Teamviewer has it’s moments they just turn it off if they think you are a business.

Reason, I live in Serbia and I’m planning to place the RPI at my families house in the states. I need to file some paperwork (Insurance Claims) occasionally and I either have to spend 3 hours talking my family through allowing me a remote connection. For some reason some websites I need are blocked and won’t allow VPN’s to connect either.

So what I’m looking for is something that they can turn on and walk away and it auto starts so I can remotely connect and get on the internet. It will be headless so all they will have to look at is a small blackbox.

I’m not sure if I can set a static IP to use NoMachine or RDP and use port forwarding yet since I am not at their house and I don’t know if I can access their router settings.

I thought about RustDesk but it only runs 32 bit and doesn’t support headless. Any other options would be appreciated.

You can try using ZeroTier as VPN solution. There no port forwarding or Static IP is needed.

Using this, you should be able to run XRDP or VNC to get a desktop (if needed)

1 Like

I was going to offer up an app called parsec…but I don’t think it supports arm or arm64

However…if they could setup one of their machines in their home network…you could parsec into that machine…and then configure the RPi that way

That is how I do remote “tech support” for my brother in law when they are away…they fire up teamviewer on their laptop…I connect to that…then use their laptop to configure the network stuff as needed

Not sure of their firewall and/or available ports
Maybe Remotely?

https://shadow.tech/
or Shadow (this one does have arm64 version!!!)

Not sure if this one works with arm stuff…but another remote desktop “Service”
DWService

Free
  • 6 Mbps

maximum bandwidth
This does have a Rpi version as well
DWService - Download

All of these were from duckduckgo’ng…no affiliation or testing done on my part