External HDD has gone awol and sd card full

So I have my HDD mounted as /mnt/samsung500gb (even though it’s actually 1tb - can I rename this or is it going to cause more issues?) it’s showing as online and ready for use however…

Samba share - when I try to access from Windows it says this folder is empty.

Radaar/Sonaar - disk I/O error

Also it looks like my sd card is full and my last Radaar downloads have gone onto the sd card rather than the /mnt/samsung500gb probably because it couldn’t be accessed?

Anyways it’s all messed up again! On the plus side my new drives and copying of photos to that using syncthing and backing up using dietpi-sync is working great.

Any help much appreciated as always.

Cheers

The name of the mount point has no relation to the HDD used. It is simply a name and does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about the size. The name of the mount point is assigned by you. Theoretically, it could be anything :slight_smile:

Theoretically, this would be possible

This depends on whether apps are already accessing this mount point or not.

It depends on which mount point you have configured in SAMBA. You would have to look in the smb.conf for this.

An exact error message would be helpful here

you can easily check this with df -h

Quite possible if the HDD was not connected/mounted. Or a wrong folder was used that is not on the HDD.

1 Like

Yep definitely full

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 29G 28G 0 100% /

Going to try and move some files

mv /mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads/* /mnt/wd5tb0abd/

mv: cannot stat ‘/mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads/*’: No such file or directory

That should have worked right?

Simply check how it looks

ls -la /mnt/dietpi_userdata/

Ok managed to move the files doing an apt-update now, still have an issue with my media drive - in drive manager it says can’t read super block.

Report code is below for this drive

code: 569b8686-1009-4a0a-a2fe-d3394a4ec925

Thanks for any suggestions to get this bad boy up and running once more :+1:

OK so not really sure how to proceed - when I try to access the drive I get:

@DietPi:/mnt/samsung500gb# ls
ls: reading directory ‘.’: Input/output error

And 0 items when using a file browser, but drive_manager shows:

●─ sdc ────────────────────────────────────────── ││ /mnt/samsung500gb : /dev/sdc1 | ext4 | Capacity: 915.8G | Used: 252 ││

So seems like the data is still on there, but I can no longer access it. When I try to unmount it says the drive is busy.

the disk seems to be corrupted. If it is in an unmounted status, you can try following

fsck -af /dev/sdc1

Managed to unmount and remounted with a new name and now it’s working - spent the whole evening sorting all the path connections within radarr/sonarr/jackett nearly back up and running.

Thanks for the pointers