New Turingpi RK1

It would be great if DietPi runs on a RK1 from Touring pi. It seems to be the same Chip as the 5b from Radxa, but my first test doesn’t work and I think the CPU is not the only thing what needs a driver.
Is there a probability that this version comes?

1 Like

We don’t have the possibility to add support for each and every device, especially if they are not that common.

I searched for a plain Debian image for the board and it seems that there ia nothing available beside Ubuntu.
Otherwise you could convert a Debian to DietPi via this description: Supported hardware - DietPi.com Docs

OK, that’s what I thought, but because the RK1 and the Touringpi look to me like more common as some other (especially future looking) I hoped that it could be in planning.
For the Convention from a Debian, is this also possible with Ubuntu-server?

simple answer: No

Now that shipments of the TuringPi RK1 have been delivered to customers, so, the user base is growing.

I’m gonna try running the script mentioned here above, and report back how it goes.

1 Like

I propose first to search a Debian image (or e.g. an Armbian image). Ubuntu conversion will unfortunately not work.
My new search did not find any convertable Debian based image. :frowning:

Came here looking for DietPi for the RK1 as well. While checking the specs I noticed that the RK1 uses the same chipset as the NanoPC T6, which Dietpi already supports. Unsure if this can be used to leverage some of the work, just making people aware of that.