OrangePi Zero support

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Sciamano

OrangePi Zero support

Post by Sciamano »

The new OrangePi Zero is a very interesting device: small, powerful (H2+ quad-core), with 256 or 512Mb of RAM, 1 USB Port, Ethernet, onboard wifi and 13 pins for expansions. All this for $8.99 ($6.99 for 256MB version)!

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepizero/

Is there any chance that we'll see a version of DietPi for this device?
Thanks
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: OrangePi Zero support

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:The new OrangePi Zero is a very interesting device: small, powerful (H2+ quad-core), with 256 or 512Mb of RAM, 1 USB Port, Ethernet, onboard wifi and 13 pins for expansions. All this for $8.99 ($6.99 for 256MB version)!

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepizero/

Is there any chance that we'll see a version of DietPi for this device?
Thanks
Looks interesting board. If I can get my hands on one, we can create the image and support it.

At the moment, cant find a place to buy in UK, 20-40 day delivery time from https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 74493.html, unless I pay for 7-15 day delivery @ $30. Add £14 import tax, turns out to be an expensive purchase :(, so will have to wait for EU/UK sellers, or, get OrangePi to send us a dev sample.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

I have ordered directly from the manufacturer. It will take some time to get here, but hey... For less than $12 including shipping it's worth the wait :D
I vote for the 20-40 days delivery time! :p
If necessary, and others are interested too, we could even try to collect the money...
Anyway, I have read on the armbian forum that the image for the OrangePi One is almost 100% compatible (it just needs the wireless drivers to be added)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:If necessary, and others are interested too, we could even try to collect the money...
Yep, so in total, we'd need to raise $10.58 and £14 (for import tax). If you could help spread the word, would be a great help :)

Donate via PayPal here, use comment "OrangePi Zero": https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 645FBNC7K2. As soon as funds cover the costs, i'll get it ordered.
Anyway, I have read on the armbian forum that the image for the OrangePi One is almost 100% compatible (it just needs the wireless drivers to be added)
We have a OrangePi One image, so you could use that in the mean time (minus the wireless support): http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/Diet ... Jessie).7z
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

Hello. I have tried to contact Steven Zhao of Xunlong on AliExpress to ask if he were willing to send a free sample to the DietPi project.
He replied asking to be contacted by email, and he seems to be cooperating.
I guess it would be best if someone officially from DietPi concluded this agreement, unless I receive the permission to negotiate on their behalf.
Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.
artic

Post by artic »

anyone know a European reseller of OP zero? I'm very interested :D
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

Sciamano wrote:Hello. I have tried to contact Steven Zhao of Xunlong on AliExpress to ask if he were willing to send a free sample to the DietPi project.
I guess it would be best if someone officially from DietPi concluded this agreement, unless I receive the permission to negotiate on their behalf.
Is there a way to contact Fourdee directly? I have contacted Steven Zhao via email, and he's willing to send a sample of the OrangePi Zero to the DietPi project, but I guess he needs the address to send to. :D
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:
Sciamano wrote:Hello. I have tried to contact Steven Zhao of Xunlong on AliExpress to ask if he were willing to send a free sample to the DietPi project.
Is there a way to contact Fourdee directly? I have contacted Steven Zhao via email, and he's willing to send a sample of the OrangePi Zero to the DietPi project, but I guess he needs the address to send to. :D
Great work, looks promising.

My email is daniel_haze@hotmail.com. If you can forward the email, i'll send the address :)
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

Fourdee wrote:
Sciamano wrote:
Great work, looks promising.

My email is daniel_haze@hotmail.com. If you can forward the email, i'll send the address :)
Done! Let me know how it goes :)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote: Done! Let me know how it goes :)
Excellent, thank you. I'll CC you in the emails :)