Move file to external hard drive - owncloud

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Fabio

Move file to external hard drive - owncloud

Post by Fabio »

Hello all!
I want to explain my problem.
I've setted up all the owncloud system, but it's saving on the local SD card. :roll:
I've also connected a USB HDD, and is recognized, formatted in ext4 and so on...
How i can move just the already uploaded files to this hard drive, without losing the configuration ( shared files, folders and so on)?
I don't want to move the setup of the cloud from the SD card, just the uploaded files and their related config.
This why i would like to save all the stuff, outside the SD card and on the drive, also in the future.
I hope to have been clear, for any mistake or lost info, let me know!
Thanks for the support!
Best Regards
Joulinar

Re: Move file to external hard drive - owncloud

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

I would recommend to move your dietpi user data to the external device. This can be done on drive manager.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

Thanks @Joulinar ,
I was thinking about it but, once I’ve done it, the used storage remains to 0, instead, the used space on the SD are wins the same :?
Do you have an idea of why?
Exactly, what is contained onto the user data?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

usually it contain all owncloud data located at /mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data/. And if you moved user data directory using drive manager, the entire folder should have been moved to the external device and a symlink was created inside /mnt pointing to the external device.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

I’ve done it...But now I’m not able to see nothing more and the server return status599 to the application...
But if I put everything back on the SD card, is working properly again :?
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

I’ve had a deeper look to the files.
Also the log file is included in the user data folder.
Since I use fail2ban as a security system, and the system iteself points to the log file of ownCloud to check wrong login attempts, if I move all the folder, I’m making the system no more working and every thing got stuck...
I need to find a way to change the log file path to fail2ban :?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

This should not be an issue. Your user data directory has a symlink to the new location. Means the old file location is still valid ;)

pls check if all services up and running.

Code: Select all

dietpi-services status