SABnzbd Configuration Stuck on Install Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: SABnzbd Configuration Stuck on Install

Post by Joulinar »

as I said, I don't think the GPU stuff is related to sabnzbd.

anyway, if don't use the screen you could try to set the following in /Dietpi/config.txt to get rig of the GPU error message.

Code: Select all

hdmi_blanking=1
regarding sabnzbd. can you have a look into /etc/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini. There you should find these 2 entries

log_dir = /var/log/sabnzbd
log_level = 0
try to increase the log level and restart sabnzbd service. I tried to check sabnzbd documentation to find out what the debugging value would be.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

Hmm... I increased the log level to 1 and then 2 (found some documentation saying 0 is least and 2 most). Still no logs sadly :(
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

it will be hard to continue without logs, as we don't know why SABnzbd is failing. Probably it would be good if you can raise the issue at SABnzbd Forum. Maybe these guys will have an idea why SABnzbd is failing and did not have logs

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/

Maybe you can try to start it manually by running the following command. Hopefully it will give some error messages

/usr/bin/python2.7 -OO /etc/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -b 0 -f /etc/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

Ahaa! Manually starting seemed to give something new: "The Python module Cheetah is required". Should that been automatically included?

Compiling a new python with Cheetah is getting too complicated for me at the moment :)

Thanks for help! I'll try to manage!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

I found this one somewhere on the internet. But I have not tested it 8)

/usr/bin/python2.7 -m pip install cheetah
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

Sadly no dice: "ERROR: Package 'Markdown' requires a different Python: 2.7.16 not in '>=3.5'"

Seems Cheetah needs Markdown and it needs newer Python... (I'm not too familiar with Linux packages etc.)
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

strange issue, because SABnzbd requires Python 2.7 according /etc/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py file. Hmm seems a new version of Markdown was released in Feb 2020.

https://pypi.org/project/Markdown/#history

so what you can try it is to install a lower version of Markdown manually.

pip install Markdown==3.1.1
afterwards you could try to re-install SABnzbd as follow

dietpi-software reinstall 139
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

Yes!

After older Markdown it actually worked! And I got SABnzbd installed and it's running! :) btw: I had to install from "scratch", the re-install said nothing to reinstall (because of the failed initial install I guess)

Thanks!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok cool we could have it solved for you.