[Resolved] XU4 fails to power on

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
luzifia

[Resolved] XU4 fails to power on

Post by luzifia »

Issue is now resolved (image corruption), please download the latest XU4 DietPi image:
http://dietpi.com/download

Hi There.

So I've tried again to Upgrade to V132 ... same as V131 ...

The Installation runs and u can reboot as often as u want. But if u take off complete - take away from power supply - it will never reboot again.

I've taken the DietPi_v127_OdroidXU4-armv7-(Jessie).img

last working IMG V130.

I'm sorry to bother u again.

My Image is on a 64GB NAND - only Storage in my Cloudshell.

Greets
Luzi
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: V132 XU4

Post by Fourdee »

Hi,

Which kernel version?

Code: Select all

uname -a
Can you replicate this issue on a fresh DietPi installation of the DietPi_v127_OdroidXU4-armv7-(Jessie).img, after its been updated?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

What kernel version should the XU4 have with v132? I may have updated mine to 3.10.103+ (having several similar devices I can't really remember).

I've had some rebooting problems recently in view of the above this may explain it.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:Hi Fourdee,

What kernel version should the XU4 have with v132? I may have updated mine to 3.10.103+ (having several similar devices I can't really remember).
Hi John,

Should be:

Code: Select all

root@DietPi-XU4:~# uname -a
Linux DietPi-XU4 3.10.103+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 3 10:17:24 CEST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
I've had some rebooting problems recently in view of the above this may explain it.
Strange, not experienced any my end. Is there anything specific going wrong during the reboot?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

It's nothing consistent but once or twice I rebooted and nothing happened and once or twice I rebooted and it shut down and didn't restart, so I had to power cycle. But mostly it's working as it should.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:Hi Fourdee,

It's nothing consistent but once or twice I rebooted and nothing happened and once or twice I rebooted and it shut down and didn't restart, so I had to power cycle. But mostly it's working as it should.

John
Hi John,

Does sound PSU related. I believe during boot, the XU4 power usage peaks dramatically (eg: all usb devices are powered at once), CPU is probably running full clock. So any issues with "unstable power" would be most apparent then.

Although if i remember correctly, you upgraded the PSU on your XU4?
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

Yes I have a laptop style PSU 6A output so should be OK. It hasn't happened for a few day so will likely remain unexplained :)

John
delaerp

Post by delaerp »

Hi,
I have the same problem : after poweroff not booting again. my kernel is 3.10.96+
tried two PSU's one 6A and one 10A.

I think it has something todo with links to the initrd that are not correct
edit :
I just found out that the file
exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb does not exist in the 132 boot partition
luzifia

Post by luzifia »

i've tried 4 times - every time same result

my kernel is 3.10.96+

luzi
delaerp

Post by delaerp »

copying exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb as root from a fresh 127 image that has not been updated to 132 to my 132 emmc solved the boot problem for me, but I'm still at kernel 3.10.96+ and not at 3.10.103+ while the kernel 103 is available on the boot partition.

Hope this will help you