Stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.1.5-15.1)"

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Acriax

Stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.1.5-15.1)"

Post by Acriax »

Hi,

I'm trying to install Owncloud on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, but I keep getting stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.1.5-15.1)". The progress meter has not moved for a couple of hours. I had to unplug the Pi at that point, as ctrl-C or ctrl-D didn't stop it. Everything but Owncloud now works for me.

When I then tried to run dietpi-software to try and re-install Owncloud I got the instruction to run "dpkg --configure -a" to fix dpkg being interrupted. I ran that and after that I could run dietpi-software again, but every time it tries to unpack owncloud-server it gets stuck.

I've tried dietpi-uninstall OWNCLOUD to get a clean slate, but it only tells me owncloud isn't installed and procedes to install owncloud-server.

/var/lib/dpkg/status shows owncloud-server as being "status: install reinstreq half-installed", and I've tried to remove that section and run dietpi-software again after that, but it's the same thing.

I don't know if there's some corrupted archive saved on the drive that it's trying to unpack from or something? Any help would be appreciated!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.1.5-15.1)"

Post by Fourdee »

Acriax wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to install Owncloud on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, but I keep getting stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.1.5-15.1)". The progress meter has not moved for a couple of hours. I had to unplug the Pi at that point, as ctrl-C or ctrl-D didn't stop it. Everything but Owncloud now works for me.

When I then tried to run dietpi-software to try and re-install Owncloud I got the instruction to run "dpkg --configure -a" to fix dpkg being interrupted. I ran that and after that I could run dietpi-software again, but every time it tries to unpack owncloud-server it gets stuck.

I've tried dietpi-uninstall OWNCLOUD to get a clean slate, but it only tells me owncloud isn't installed and procedes to install owncloud-server.

/var/lib/dpkg/status shows owncloud-server as being "status: install reinstreq half-installed", and I've tried to remove that section and run dietpi-software again after that, but it's the same thing.

I don't know if there's some corrupted archive saved on the drive that it's trying to unpack from or something? Any help would be appreciated!
Does sound like a filesystem corruption with apt-cache.

Are you running the Wheezy or Jessie DietPi image?

Code: Select all

cat /etc/*release
1 Purge all packages related to owncloud:

apt-get purge -y owncloud*
apt-get autoremove -y --purge
2 Try running the following to completely clear the apt cache:

apt-get clean
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
3 Force new apt-get update:

apt-get update

Now you can re-run dietpi-software and select Owncloud for installation.
If the same error occurs, do the following:
Press CTRL+C to terminate dietpi-software

Paste logfile in your reply:

cat /var/log/dpkg.log
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Acriax

Post by Acriax »

Hey Fourdee,

This is with a clean install of the Jessie image.

Seems that didn't help this time, unfortunately.

After googling a bit I found that they've changed the location of their repo for the latest version (8.2) to http://download.owncloud.org/download/r ... ebian_8.0/ so I edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list to use that instead, but I don't know if that's the right way to do it, as it seemed to have reverted back before downloading.

Unfortunately, the log didn't provide much help from what I can tell:

2016-02-28 20:17:31 startup archives unpack
2016-02-28 20:17:34 install owncloud-server:all <none> 8.1.5-15.1
2016-02-28 20:17:34 status half-installed owncloud-server:all 8.1.5-15.1

Update: Managed to get 8.2 to download and unpack properly (my mistake was using https before) atleast, but now of course I will need to set it up manually. But yeah, seems it had no problem unpacking 8.2 for some reason.

Update 2: Nevermind, scratch that. It only got past the installation of owncloud because it skipped installing owncloud. Now running apt-get install owncloud I get stuck on "Unpacking owncloud-server (8.2.2-1.1)" as well, so I'm starting to think it's a permissions thing maybe? I'm using an external hdd with an old owncloud directory filled with things on it. Going to check into if that's the reason.
Last edited by Acriax on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Acriax wrote:After googling a bit I found that they've changed the location of their repo for the latest version (8.2) to http://download.owncloud.org/download/r ... ebian_8.0/ so I edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list to use that instead, but I don't know if that's the right way to do it, as it seemed to have reverted back before downloading.

Unfortunately, the log didn't provide much help from what I can tell:

2016-02-28 20:17:31 startup archives unpack
2016-02-28 20:17:34 install owncloud-server:all <none> 8.1.5-15.1
2016-02-28 20:17:34 status half-installed owncloud-server:all 8.1.5-15.1
Strange. I just did a fresh install, was unable to replicate. Might be an issue with the suserepo and/or key failed to install correctly during your original installation.

Please paste results: List all installed keys:

apt-key list
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Acriax

Post by Acriax »

Here's from apt-key list:

/etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--------------------
pub   2048R/90FDDD2E 2012-04-01
uid                  Mike Thompson (Raspberry Pi Debian armhf ARMv6+VFP) <mpthompson@gmail.com>
sub   2048R/5373DC6C 2012-04-01

pub   2048R/7FA3303E 2012-06-17
uid                  Raspberry Pi Archive Signing Key
sub   2048R/EDD83D6C 2012-06-17

pub   4096R/0C50B1C5 2013-05-11
uid                  Collabora Raspbian Archive Signing Key <daniels@collabora.com>
sub   4096R/D107BAE1 2013-05-11

pub   1024D/BA684223 2012-02-08 [expires: 2017-04-19]
uid                  isv:ownCloud OBS Project <isv:ownCloud@build.opensuse.org>

pub   2048R/5180350A 2015-10-08 [expires: 2017-12-16]
uid                  ce OBS Project <ce@s2.owncloud.com>
I also just updated my last post in case you missed that. :)
Acriax

Post by Acriax »

I managed to get it working now. Manually removed the owncloud-server .deb file and re-downloaded it as well as removing the (empty) /mnt/usb_1/owncloud_data folder I had from before, and now it seems to have resolved itself! :) I honestly don't know what the issue I had was, but I'm just glad it's working now.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Acriax wrote:I managed to get it working now. Manually removed the owncloud-server .deb file and re-downloaded it as well as removing the (empty) /mnt/usb_1/owncloud_data folder I had from before, and now it seems to have resolved itself! :) I honestly don't know what the issue I had was, but I'm just glad it's working now.
Ah good stuff!