SyncThing - GUI wont work with User Data Location set my NAS

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
buffalo0207

Re: SyncThing - GUI wont work with User Data Location set my

Post by buffalo0207 »

Thanks for all your help...
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Hmm and if e.g. ownCloud/Nextcloud datadir is then set to samba drive as well, maybe it is possible to add www-data to dietpi group and change permissions to 770? Or is this not possible as well? I will check, how samba + Nextcloud is solved usually. But hmm actually this doubles somehow the sync/share intention. Not sure if this is intended at all. Same for SyncThing+Samba. Also it brings the issue that manual/direct editing of ownCloud + Nextcloud files is not tracked by server/database then. Maybe one has to decide if sync via samba or SyncThing or other cloud solution...
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Just found a German topic about that on Nextcloud forum: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nextcloud- ... en/12758/9
Looks quite hacky to do manual rescanning data folder by Nextcloud after editing via samba. But the permissions were indeed solved via adding www-data to root group in that case and chmod 770. But better solution is to use the external folder features to integrate them directly to Nextcloud instead of adding the other way round Nextcloud folder to external/samba drive. But not sure if SyncThing offers integration of external dives as well.