Avoid resizing Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
daddyfix

Avoid resizing

Post by daddyfix »

Is there a way to avoid resizing the SD Card on first boot up?

I would like to be able to keep the sd card size at a certain smaller size so my backups as smaller than 16 or 32gb.

PS> I love DietPi. I have switched two servers over to DietPi!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Avoid resizing

Post by Fourdee »

daddyfix wrote:Is there a way to avoid resizing the SD Card on first boot up?

I would like to be able to keep the sd card size at a certain smaller size so my backups as smaller than 16 or 32gb.

PS> I love DietPi. I have switched two servers over to DietPi!
Hi Daddyfix,

During the DietPi image creation, I allow for 10-50mb headroom on the 2nd partition after shrinking. During 1st run, the partition is resized. The resize must be completed to allow room for dphys swapfile and apt-cache.

You could disable the resize in the sourcecode before boot, however, your system would run out of filesystem space before dietpi-update.

The only thing I can suggest would be to shrink the 2nd partition after the DietPi 1st run process is completed, and your system is how you want it. You can achieve this on a linux OS with gparted.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.