Dietpi.txt Help

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Dietpi.txt Help

Post by Joulinar »

yes currently there is an issue on the Node.js installer. As this is out of DietPi scope, we will implement our own fork with release 6.32

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3671
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RedDirtPi

Post by RedDirtPi »

Well that puts a cramp in things as I kind of need Node.js. Maybe I can find a workaround.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well you could wait until 6.32 was released if you need automated software setup. Or you are going to run the initial installation without automated software setup. Once completed, just install your software from dietpi-software catalogue as usual. This way you should get a hotfix via MOTD and the node.js installed should be switched to our own fork already.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RedDirtPi

Post by RedDirtPi »

Yeah, I will just do a manual run and get it started that way. Once the update comes out I can try the automated setup again. I have another Pi available and I can use that to test out the automated install without disturbing the one I am using now.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

pls ensure to have MOTD activated (default). There you should get the hotfix with. If you still get errors on node.js install, just follow this instruction to switch to our fork for the node-install.sh

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -653955722
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Actually it is easy to fix manually. Edit dietpi/dietpi-software on the first (FAT) partition and replace the only occurance of "taaem" with "MichaIng".
RedDirtPi

Post by RedDirtPi »

Thank you SO much for all of your time and help Joulinar. I have one Pi set up now, but did so manually. Now knowing the issues with NodeRED and Node.js, I am trying another swing at the automated install with those removed to see how it goes. I didn't have any issues manually installing all the other packaged, here's to them working equally well in the automated setup.
RedDirtPi

Post by RedDirtPi »

MichaIng wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 pm Actually it is easy to fix manually. Edit dietpi/dietpi-software on the first (FAT) partition and replace the only occurance of "taaem" with "MichaIng".
Well crap, LOL. If this automated run goes well, I will start over again and try that to see how it goes.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@MichaIng
Would dietpi-software not overwritten on first boot while updating DietPi to latest version?
RedDirtPi

Post by RedDirtPi »

After removing NodeRED and Node.js from the non-interactive install, everything went about as perfect as you could expect. I can get by without them for now and either wait for the next update of DietPi or modify the dietpi-software as MichaIng suggested.

I do have one other question. In the non-interactive install, I have Mosquitto installed, but I also need the client, which I don't see in the available software list. I see, however, where you can run a custom script post-networking and post-install.

Do I just create a script and put in it

Code: Select all

sudo apt install mosquitto-clients
or should there be something else in there?