Webmin and userdata as nfs share

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
scotsmist

Webmin and userdata as nfs share

Post by scotsmist »

Hi, hello to you. I've newly installed dietpi and while looking around, noticed in Webmin that if I go to Networking -> NFS Exports that the share /mnt/dietpi_userdata from /etc/exports.d/dietpi.exports isn't listed. Looks like Webmin isn't recursing the directory.

A minor issue for me, since I know the share declared is in a separate file. Wondering if its a webmin thing or a dietpi/debian thing not to recurse (I'm thinking webmin wouldn't know about exports.d sub-dir).

Cheers.
Joulinar

Re: Webmin and userdata as nfs share

Post by Joulinar »

I assume you are running a NFS server and defined the NFS export in /etc/exports.d/dietpi.exports. Correct?
For me this looks more a Webmin issue, as using config directories (.d) is quite common on Linux based systems.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
scotsmist

Post by scotsmist »

Hi, yeah I also think its webmin not looking in sub-directories. I didn't edit the dietpi_exports, instead I created a new file rpi4b2gib_exports under the .d sub-dir

I'm hunting through the webmin docs and site for any info on a setting or config file that will enable directory recursing (is that a word :D) of nfs exports.d

cheers.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

you could try how and where configs are stored if you go to manage NFS exports on Webmin directly.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team