Pi Zero W Project: Travel Storage Device Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
WarHawk

Re: Pi Zero W Project: Travel Storage Device

Post by WarHawk »

I have noticed that when uploading a directory with alot of image files and other files (pdf and whatnot) caused my RPiZeroW to bog down, not only in CPU but ram and zram swapspace...

I have updated my "stand alone" command is to limit the $ of pre-processors to keep from bogging such a limited resource little SBC down

Code: Select all

filebrowser -c /home/dietpi/filebrowser.yaml --img-processors 1 &
dwr

Post by dwr »

WOW! You guys really took this and ran with it!

Can't thank you all enough for the support, and for the potential of adding this to v7.6 of the OS.

I attempted to configure the script to run after login via profile.d, but kept running into an issue where it wouldn't start until I SSH'd into the Pi, then it gave me a timeout error. I haven't tried the suggestion below, but will when I have more time (although this is where my limitations are, so I might need some help with it).
WarHawk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:13 am
This file might be useful for running filebrowser under Ubuntu and systemd:

[Unit]
Description=File browser: %I
After=network.target

[Service]
User=www-data
Group=www-data
ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/filebrowser -c /etc/filebrowser/%I

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Put configuration files under /etc/filebrowser directory, for example default.yaml, and execute:

sudo systemctl enable filebrowser@default.yaml.service
to start filebrowser on boot as a service.
Specific tweaks for user dietpi might be needed to ensure read/write ability in directories not associated with dietpi

Also putting it in the /etc/filebrowser directory prevents non authorized users from being able to see/tweak the config, but allows the program to have a static/persistent config file it can initiate from.
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

I haven't gotten the systemd service setup yet

Was still battling with the config script and having to manually add users to the default setup (for some reason after resetting everything...it even blew out the admin user...so had to manually add admin back in)

Someone better at scripting should give that a shot
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

guys if you have a config ready let me know. Would be good to have some ideas for a default configuration ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

well all I have is the default .yaml it autocreated by using

filebrowser config init
dwr

Post by dwr »

Joulinar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:38 am guys if you have a config ready let me know. Would be good to have some ideas for a default configuration ;)
WarHawk wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:46 am well all I have is the default .yaml it autocreated by using

filebrowser config init
Same as @WarHawk - I was using the standard config file generated during install.

Until I (or most likely you guys) figure out how to get this to run automatically at boot/login, I've decided to put the use of this script "on ice" since it would require too many initial start-up tasks during an 'on-the-go' type of scenario (i.e.; when I am out hiking around somewhere taking photos, then get back into the car to offload my videos/photos).

I am still searching around the web for "Portable NAS" solutions since (after my initial research started for this project) I've found a MASSIVE amount of options (most out dated and no longer work, but have found some 'gems' here and there) for something like this. I'll keep checking in!