[Plex] File is read-only

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
RollingDutch

[Plex] File is read-only

Post by RollingDutch »

Just installed Plex on a Pi4, and with dietpi-drive_manager added the movies to /mnt/dietpi_userdate. This is neatly filled (@volume1/Movies) and such. However, the libraries are not filled. Checked some logfiles and noticed there was a problem with creating a grab file. So, I checked, and found out that /mnt is readonly. I can't change it with chmod-ding it. Must be something I overlook, but no clue as to what.
Joulinar

Re: [Plex] File is read-only

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

be default /mnt directly is writable for root user only. Better to create a sub directory inside /mnt and assign appropriate authorization for your application user. usually it should be enough to give write permission for dietpi user group
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Okay, I thought to keep it like it was in the instructions

I now have /mnt/Media and gave that folder (at least I think I did) chown to dietpi/dietpi (in midnight Commander)
Last edited by RollingDutch on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

what instructions you are referring to?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Maybe not really instructions per se, but
Please follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup wizard:

Create your Plex account by signing up.
Give your server a name (e.g.: DietPi-Plex)
Click library to setup your media locations:

/mnt/dietpi_userdata/Music
/mnt/dietpi_userdata/Video
You can also mount Samba/NFS shares by running dietpi-drive_manager and selecting Mount network drive from the menu.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok but you tried to write directly to /mnt/ and not /mnt/dietpi_userdata/Video or /mnt/dietpi_userdata/Music
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Treid that as well, but still those fiolders are empty.

to be honest, I'm lost now. Dietpi has helped me often to make things easier, but this time, I really don't know.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

any error message if you try to write something /mnt/dietpi_userdata/<folder>?
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Yes, I get

[ Error writing test.txt: Read-only file system ]
(Tried to write nano test.txt)

However, when I go to /mnt/dietpi_userdata/volume1/Movies, I can do write a text file.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

to which directory you tried to write the test file? And do you write the file out of an application?