Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by Joulinar »

just to avoid misunderstanding, $datadir is set inside dietpi scripts and can't be simply used. You would need to replace it with the correct path or do your own scripting to have it defined.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

sure, acknowledged!

Will keep the updates posted... will be doing this tonight, slowly one thing at a time :)

Just want to make sure that If i go with NC, and if the setup crashes, I can re-build it back to where it was, and appreciate all the support and help I have received!!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

If you're storing only files/pictures on Nextcloud, most important is to keep/backup files on the disk. The rest, like database and users can be build manually. As you have seen, we could gain access to database as well we created a new admin user. And in theory you could scan ol files on file system level to get them visible on Nextcloud.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

@Joulinar Is there any option, where I can simply scan a folder of all the images and import (link) within the NextCloud, without the need to import the Database?
If you're storing only files/pictures on Nextcloud, most important is to keep/backup files on the disk.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Probably you overlooked it

viewtopic.php?p=30926#p30926
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

I did run it, but did not scan the images, is it meant to scan all the images?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

files are scanned for user existing in NextCloud only.
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Good and bad news... I was able to successfully backup & restore the NC on Dietpi..

After restore, I am able to login, and seeing preview of some photos, but unable to open. Gives an error.

I did run the ncc files:scan --all however access to files is not happening.

Any file permission issue?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

did you ensure data path to the documents is correct? and what are permissions on your pictures?
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Found one other thread to fix permission on nextcloud data

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data
running this and rebooting the Dietpi RPi