Odroid C4 Topic is solved

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
jayjr1105

Re: Odroid C4

Post by jayjr1105 »

I'll give this a whirl in about an hour or so. 8)
jayjr1105

Post by jayjr1105 »

Just tested it. No boot. No video output and no blue LED (blue LED indicates it's booting properly)
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Damn, just for completeness and testing, here is the base image I used: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Bu ... -C4.img.xz

I'll recheck that bootloader, kernel and dtb is installed and placed correctly.
AndyGR42

Post by AndyGR42 »

I can confirm, the github image is not booting. Neither with sd card nor with eMMC. The original C4 ubuntu mate image ist working as well as the RC1 buster image.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Just a side note. Ubuntu is not Debian. At least a working base image from Meveric would be needed. Otherwise DietPi will not work on top of it.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
AndyGR42

Post by AndyGR42 »

Sure. I mentioned ubuntu for information only.

I've tried the DietPi installer on the latest armbian buster server. The script ran into a problem (mount -o remount /tmp). It fails due to two identical lines (tmpfs /tmp tmpfs size=1877M,noatime,lazytime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777
) in the fstab. After I commented out the lines the script finished without further errors.

After a reboot I recognized some warnings and commented out one of the same, duplicate lines in the fstab.

On the first sight, everything looks fine, now. Can you recommend to proceed with this image or should I wait for the first "official" release? BTW, it will be a docker box for iobrocker and a mariaDB instance.
jayjr1105

Post by jayjr1105 »

Is it too much to ask of the C4 to run ESPhome, Octoprint, and PieHole? Would be nice to consolidate some of my SBC's to just one running the three main things I want.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@jayjr1105
Once there is a working image, it should be possible to consolidate your applications.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
AndyGR42

Post by AndyGR42 »

The C4 does not bring up ethernet after a soft reboot. It requires a power cycle. Looks like a kernal issue?!

Code: Select all

[    5.350862] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma
[    5.350888] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed
[    5.350908] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Hw setup failed
AndyGR42

Post by AndyGR42 »

Intermediate status: I decided to proceed with the armbian based image. Because a dying SSD I need to move the data from the old C2 based docker host to the new one asap. Except the soft boot bug I'm not aware of any other issues. Once there is a stable dietpi image available it's not a big deal to reinstall the OS on a docker host.

If you need any information from my image please don't hesitate to ask. :)