Missing CPU freq Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
aishee20

Missing CPU freq

Post by aishee20 »

Good day I don't know what happened to my nanopi r1 but I noticed awhile ago that I am missing a specific freq on the PERFORMANCE OPTIONS > CPU frequency limits showing only as follows: :cry:

480 MHz
648 MHz
816 MHz
960 MHz
1008 MHz
Disabled : Returns clocks to default

I am pretty sure that there was a 13xx MHZ frequency when I installed dietpi about 2 months ago. I already tried reinstalling fresh dietpi but still I am missing that specific frequency. plus the nanopi r1 is spec'd at 1.2mhz max speed which doesn't makes sense if the maximum that I can use is only 1000mhz. I have no problems with thermals for the past month with the cpu sitting at 43-45 at idle and 48-50 when using emby and other apps.. Thanks for your help.. :D
trendy

Re: Missing CPU freq

Post by trendy »

aishee20

Post by aishee20 »

trendy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:45 pm Seems right.
Ow.. I didnt notice that. My bad. But why is it in armbian i can set the frequency to 1386 mhz. I am totally confused right now.. :?
trendy

Post by trendy »

Maybe it is some light overclocking option?
aishee20

Post by aishee20 »

I just found out that they had an update last month.. I updated by dietpi few days ago maybe that was the reason.. IDK.. I hope next update they will add an option during the installation where we can choose older versions of the dietpi..
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Nope, there will be no version that is selectable. DietPi will always update to latest available version. @trendy already provided what is possible on your device and I guess that's the same as DietPi is offering.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team