Dietpi C2 unreachable Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Mez882

Dietpi C2 unreachable

Post by Mez882 »

Hi,

I've got a recent install of Dietpi latest version on an Odroid C2 and whilest everything seems so work fine, after a few hours of running, my Dietpi becomes unavailable. It responds to pings but I am unable to connect through ssh or to any running application (Medusa, Plex, Transmission, samba share). I reboot it by unplugging the power supply and it works again fine for some time (less than 24hrs).
I am unsure how to debug this. Could any of you point in directions ? how to enable logs that can lead me to the issue even after reboot?

Cheers!
Mez882

Re: Dietpi C2 unreachable

Post by Mez882 »

Thanks for taking time to reply anitakate, however my C2 is connected to the network with an ethernet cable, not wifi.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

The debug, please check: dmesg
Search for errors (red colour) or voltage/power warnings. As well full RAM can be a reason.

Another possibility to provide even more logs: mkdir /var/log/journal
This enables boot persistent systemd-journald logging. So after the system broke and you rebooted by pulling the power plug, you can check: journalctl
There you see as well logs from before the system crash that might give a hint.
Mez882

Post by Mez882 »

Thanks! Will do that and report later.
Mez882

Post by Mez882 »

I replaced my old SD card with a new one and now I haven't had a problem. It must have been corrupted.