How to autostart VPN before booting to Kodi?

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
consig1iere

How to autostart VPN before booting to Kodi?

Post by consig1iere »

Hello everyone. I am having a great experience with DietPi but stuck at a point. I am trying to run Kodi (which works great) with VPN running on the background. I want the VPN to start at boot. I am using Nord VPN, I can manually start it by following this guide- https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/raspberry-pi/openvpn/. Using OpenVPN btw.

However, I would like to auto start it before the Pi boots to Kodi. Thanks.
consig1iere

Re: How to autostart VPN before booting to Kodi?

Post by consig1iere »

Anyone?
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

This type of thing is not specific to DietPi, Debian or Ubnuntu tutorials usually give some clues as to how to get this working. Try this:

https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/confi ... art-linux/

Let us know if this works.

John
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

Where is the command to initiate Kodi loading, and either use a wait or pause command to hold off starting it so the VPN has a chance to initiate
consig1iere

Post by consig1iere »

johnvick wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 am This type of thing is not specific to DietPi, Debian or Ubnuntu tutorials usually give some clues as to how to get this working.
Oh man thank you so much. I have tried googling the crap out of this matter but could not find a straightforward answer.
JNehru

Post by JNehru »

WarHawk wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 am Where is the command to initiate Kodi loading, and either use a wait or pause command to hold off starting it so the Popcorn time VPN has a chance to initiate
There is a option is settings, which enables you to start VPN first. 8)
consig1iere

Post by consig1iere »

JNehru wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm
WarHawk wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 am Where is the command to initiate Kodi loading, and either use a wait or pause command to hold off starting it so the Popcorn time VPN has a chance to initiate
Do you mean from the DietPi config or in Kodi? I would really like to know can you please elaborate? Thanks!
BAOZHAI

Post by BAOZHAI »

Has anyone tried popcorn time vpn? The VPN which comes with popcorn time itself sucks. I was planning to buy one but would love some suggestions before taking this decision.
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

consig1iere wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:15 pm
JNehru wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm
Do you mean from the DietPi config or in Kodi? I would really like to know can you please elaborate? Thanks!
Where does Kodi start from, is there a /etc/init.d script or something else that starts it?

Any DEV guy want to chime in?