[Bug] Sonarr and Radarr not starting Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Minimind

Re: [Bug] Sonarr and Radarr not starting

Post by Minimind »

Fourdee wrote: Please paste results, we'll check mono version installed:

Code: Select all

dpkg -l | grep mono
Hi,
I did what you asked me to do. It is running, but changing reinstalling etc is very iffy. Could you please look into the basic problem?
Kymru

Post by Kymru »

ok left this for a couple of months, can anyone confirm or deny if this has been resolved, i am itching to try and get Dietpi v6.x on my devices
brtravel

Post by brtravel »

I it just me, or is this still an issue? Sonarr was working great for weeks or months (with many reboots and power loss), then after a power loss it just won't come back today after 20+ reboots. I remember this happening before, but it was a couple months back and I can't remember what I did to fix it, perhaps just uninstall/reinstall Sonarr (and/or Mono?)?

v6.21.1
Odroid XU4
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@brtravel
I believe it's due to a known bug in v6.21, resolved with v6.22 ETA this weekend.

Please try to resolve:

sed -i '/After=/s/[[:blank:]]multi-user.target//' /etc/systemd/system/dietpi-postboot.service
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl enable dietpi-postboot
brtravel

Post by brtravel »

MichaIng wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm @brtravel
I believe it's due to a known bug in v6.21, resolved with v6.22 ETA this weekend.

Please try to resolve:

sed -i '/After=/s/[[:blank:]]multi-user.target//' /etc/systemd/system/dietpi-postboot.service
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl enable dietpi-postboot
That's good to know, I'll wait for the new release rather than fighting this thing more.

I don't understand the code you gave, but I did run it. It doesn't seem to have changed anything. If I uninstall Sonarr and Mono, then install Sonarr, the first subsequent boot I can access the Sonarr GUI and it seems to be working fine. Then, if I reboot again, Sonarr starts out running (checked with 'htop' and 'dietpi-services status') BUT as soon as I navigate to the GUI it won't load, and then it has disappeared from the processes in 'htop' and shows as FAILED in 'dietpi-services status' (full readout below).

[FAILED] DietPi-Services | sonarr	failed (Result: signal) since Sat 2019-03-23 18:59:51 WITA; 17s ago
● sonarr.service - Sonarr (NzbDrone) Daemon (DietPi)
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: signal) since Sat 2019-03-23 18:59:51 WITA; 17s ago
  Process: 1086 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono -O=-aot /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
 Main PID: 1086 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

Mar 23 18:56:00 DietPi mono[1086]: [Info] episode_last_searched_time: Starting migration to 130
Mar 23 18:56:00 DietPi mono[1086]: [Info] OwinHostController: Listening on the following URLs:
Mar 23 18:56:00 DietPi mono[1086]: [Info] OwinHostController:   http://*:8989/
Mar 23 18:56:02 DietPi mono[1086]: [Info] NancyBootstrapper: Starting Web Server
Mar 23 18:56:07 DietPi mono[1086]: [Warn] MonoDebugCheck: Mono is not running with --debug switch
Mar 23 18:59:51 DietPi mono[1086]: =================================================================
Mar 23 18:59:51 DietPi mono[1086]:         Native Crash Reporting
Mar 23 18:59:51 DietPi systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Mar 23 18:59:51 DietPi systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 23 18:59:51 DietPi systemd[1]: sonarr.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

I just tested on test VM and it works well here.

Could you please run sonarr manually on terminal, try to access and if it crashes paste debug logs from terminal:

systemctl stop sonarr
sudo -u sonarr mono --debug -O=-aot /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr
This should log to terminal then, most likely a lot of output.
Access web UI to trigger failure (if that was the case, as far as I understood?)
Paste especially the output lines here that appeared when/after accessing the web UI
brtravel

Post by brtravel »

I saw the update available and did the update before seeing your reply, everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you!
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Ah okay thanks for the feedback. Perhaps some mono update fixed it :).