(resolved) Device Tree overlays

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Virgus

(resolved) Device Tree overlays

Post by Virgus »

Hello, I'm new to Diet Pi and first I want to thank you for this great image for RPI.

I'm trying to enable I2C overlay but whenever I modify my /boot/config.txt file and I reboot
the modifications are lost. How can I setup my tested modifications so that these are accepted
instead of being erased?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Virgus
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Device Tree overlays

Post by Fourdee »

Virgus wrote:Hello, I'm new to Diet Pi and first I want to thank you for this great image for RPI.

I'm trying to enable I2C overlay but whenever I modify my /boot/config.txt file and I reboot
the modifications are lost. How can I setup my tested modifications so that these are accepted
instead of being erased?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Virgus
Hi Virgus,

DietPi mounts to a ramdisk during bootup. You can still modify the config.txt file, however its location is different.

Code: Select all

/DietPi/config.txt
Editing the above file will save the changes after a reboot.

EDIT:
A notification of the files actual location will be visible when editing /boot files. Available in the next release (v75)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Virgus

Re: Device Tree overlays

Post by Virgus »

Great! Many thanks for the fast reply.
Have a nice weekend,
V.