Kodi 15.2 for DietPi Wheezy Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
dogdayfear

Kodi 15.2 for DietPi Wheezy

Post by dogdayfear »

I have built from source Kodi 15.2 over DietPi Wheezy. Its the last stable Kodi version to replace the installed by dietpi-software.

It has been compiled with CEC support so if you have an adecuate HDMI cable you will be able to control Kodi with your TV Remote.

I have tested it over various DietPi versions (v94, v101, v102 and v103) and it works without known problems.

You can check the install script if you want, after downloading and before installing.

Its for Wheezy. Errors would occur if you try it in Jessie because of building dependencies are not the same.

If you have an old version of Kodi installed you should remove it before installing this one.

Download the file, untar it and ./install as root.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj7sa06ae14jo ... 5.2.tar.gz

Hope you find if useful and you enjoy it.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Kodi 15.2 for DietPi Wheezy

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:I have built from source Kodi 15.2 over DietPi Wheezy. Its the last stable Kodi version to replace the installed by dietpi-software.

It has been compiled with CEC support so if you have an adecuate HDMI cable you will be able to control Kodi with your TV Remote.

I have tested it over various DietPi versions (v94, v101, v102 and v103) and it works without known problems.

You can check the install script if you want, after downloading and before installing.

Its for Wheezy. Errors would occur if you try it in Jessie because of building dependencies are not the same.

If you have an old version of Kodi installed you should remove it before installing this one.

Download the file, untar it and ./install as root.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj7sa06ae14jo ... 5.2.tar.gz

Hope you find if useful and you enjoy it.
Hi Dogdayfeer,

This is excellent, thank you for sharing. I've been meaning to try this for a while, but as you know, very busy and short on time at the moment.
Hopefully another user can test the installation. If it works, i'd be more than happy to upgrade the DietPi-Software Wheezy Kodi installation to use your version if you like?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Hope some feedback from some user ... :oops:
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Overwhelming success ... :(
Zombievirus

Post by Zombievirus »

dogdayfear wrote:Overwhelming success ... :(
Well this might be because openelec is the best option if you want a raspberry pi powered media center.

I have the first raspberry pi model connected to my tv with openelec running on it. It is only used for this one purpose.

i use dietpi on my raspberry pi 2.

2 very different use cases so why mix it up.
thof

Post by thof »

To install this, should I first install kodi through dietpi-software? Then remove it and run this install script?

I would like to have this installed and boot to it. From a clean install maybe some user settings and autostart scripts might be wrong or?
thof

Post by thof »

Hmm it seems Kodi 15.2 is already available through dietpi-software!

Excellent, thanks!
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

thof wrote:Hmm it seems Kodi 15.2 is already available through dietpi-software!

Excellent, thanks!
And does your Tv remote works to control Kodi?

Thanks.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

thof wrote:Hmm it seems Kodi 15.2 is already available through dietpi-software!

Excellent, thanks!
I've not modified the Kodi installation code. So its most likely the repo maintainers have updated to 15.2, on Wheezy?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

I think nothing has changed. I did a fresh install of DietPi Jessie and still Kodi 14.2 via dietpi-software.

Any news?