[Completed] Logitech Media Server 7.9.1

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
-ol-

Re: Logitech Media Server 7.9.1

Post by -ol- » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi k-plan,
thanks a lot for taking the time and your very thorough response! I am seeing clearer now what´s going on and why it´s not that easy to just implement a recent version of LMS along with the missing features. I think I will get rid of the C2, hardkernel´s efforts in providing current software for at least this SBC are just too limited.
I am wondering though which SBC would work well instead with dietpi? I would like to have something a bit more beefy than the RPI3 (memory especially as well as CPU power) since it really helps speeding up the scanning times and building of the database of larger music libraries. XU4 is not an option though, because of the dreaded fan noise.
I´ll do some research, in case you have any recommendation I would be glad to hear it.
Thanks again & Cheers,
Oliver

notherNewbie

Post by notherNewbie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 am

Alas, I don't read german...

Is there any reasonable way to update the packages diet-pi uses for LMS to something newer than the Feb 2018 release currently being used?

MichaIng
Legend

Post by MichaIng » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:26 pm

@notherNewbie
There is no newer release. Actually 7.7.6 is current stable while DietPi ships current Beta 7.9.1: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/