Ntpd update running 100% on Pi3

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
gaffa

Re: Ntpd update running 100% on Pi3

Post by gaffa »

Hi Daniel,

I was using the exact same system with Raspbian Lite, which ran perfectly, I chose DietPi because of the small footprint and the possibility to install the software I needed.

I am going to re-install tomorrow, if it doesn't work I am going back to Raspbian Lite, I don't have the time to keep debugging, I just want a system that runs my friend. I really thought that DietPi was the answer to my needs.

Regards, Garry
Fourdee wrote:
gaffa wrote:running the command manually works!!!!
No hang.
Hi Garry,

Could indicate an issue with hardware (PSU/SD), or, other software causing system instability.
I have an official Pi3 PSU and am running off a USB stick from Sandisk.
Is RootFS transferred to USB disk? Or, running off SD card? Which brand SD card?
/dev/sda1: UUID="ea8fe470-f3e6-4a1f-a79c-9559f5297169" TYPE="ext4" PARTLABEL="primary" PARTUUID="d71d3a0e-d82e-49e4-8d9f-2e0e8870c0c0"
Ok, you can disable all /dev/sdX entries in /etc/fstab with a #, excluding /dev/sda1 (as its currently being used)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

gaffa wrote:I am going to re-install tomorrow, if it doesn't work I am going back to Raspbian Lite, I don't have the time to keep debugging, I just want a system that runs my friend. I really thought that DietPi was the answer to my needs.
Hi Garry,

No worries.

This is the 1st and only report of "unexpected 100% cpu". Hence the reason for debugging, we'd like to find out why. However, as we cant replicate this issue, or, had reports from other users, I can only assume its limited to your current system.
Whether that is due to software combinations, manual config file changes, hardware failure causing instability/hangs, a peice of software that is causing Cron to go up for the fritz, unsure.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
gaffa

Post by gaffa »

Hi Daniel,

I have just re-installed from scratch, moved rootFS to my USB drive, installed node-red and MQTT and Sqlite (would have been nice to install sqlite from dietpi-software). I'll let it run without additional software and watch what happens.

Regards, Garry
gaffa

Post by gaffa »

gaffa wrote:Hi Daniel,

I have just re-installed from scratch, moved rootFS to my USB drive, installed node-red and MQTT and Sqlite (would have been nice to install sqlite from dietpi-software). I'll let it run without additional software and watch what happens.

Regards, Garry
UPDATE:
Running fine for the last 5 days. The problem has not returned!