DietPi for OrangePiZero Wifi & update problem

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
sky59sky59

Re: DietPi for OrangePiZero Wifi & update problem

Post by sky59sky59 »

Thanx guys! :)

Unfortunately I had to create that service file and executed just two systemctr
May be, it was problem of my terminal, I could not anyhow to execute cat, no enter working

Now I have 10usd cardsharing computer, see photo

Of course, I did not finish complete installation, I only placed oscam files and modified rc.local to start automatically

Now it is ready in 15seconds while raspberrypi B neede 1minute

Excellent! I hope sd card will not go corrupt

IMG_20170108_163914.jpg
sky59sky59

Post by sky59sky59 »

Still some questions:

I have not installed any software offered by configurator. So the real status in my application is the system has not been fully configured yet. What is the criteria "system is fully configured"?

When I power on it finishes waiting for login, but my oscam is already running. So dietpi-configurator does not start. Does this garantee that in the future no update would be executed?

If system is fully configured then after login the configurator would not start any more?

I use only wifi with dhcp to connect to interner, and eth0 static running on it cardsharing server. I even did not install usb. Is usb ftdi serial port converter support installed? If yes, would it be ttyUSB0?
simplesi

Post by simplesi »

Paste this text into the command line, that all you have to do.
The cat didn't work for me but using nano to create the file and then running the 2 commands at the end did :)

This is first OrangePiZero distribution (and I've tried 2 Armbian others) that has managed to get me up and running on WiFi :)

I was beginning to despair!

Thanks very much :)