Live Patches Disabled AdGuard? Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Rhizome

Live Patches Disabled AdGuard?

Post by Rhizome »

Adguard Home stopped blocking ads after installation of several live patches about a week ago. A few days ago I noticed that DNS queries were half of the normal. Today after checking the Dashboard, there are zero DNS enquiries, Clients, etc (see screenshot.)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnJqbLp2z67ygetl4nI ... g?e=BEYZUP
What's the best way to get AdGuard working again? I don't recall the patch names, just the numbers (1-4) so I'm guessing I need to walk through the entire configuration?
Joulinar

Re: Live Patches Disabled AdGuard?

Post by Joulinar »

Our live patches don't have any influence in a running application. We correct simple code blocks on our own DietPi scripts.

If AGH is not working, it's an issue on AGH themselves. As AGH is a single executable, you could simply reinstall it. If there are no queries, your clients most probably don't use AGH anymore. Have a look to your clients what DNS Server they are using.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

Somehow the devices are using the 9.9.9.9 DNS settings of the router.
If I reinstall, do I need to backup all my AGH settings for reuse?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Why do you like to reinstall? You need to check where your systems get these data from? Do you have a 2nd DHCP server active? Like the router? Or are you distributing a primary and a secondary DNS via your DHCP server settings?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

Except for my android phone, which is using the DNS server 8.8.8.8, all other device servers are 9.9.9.9 /149.112.112.112 which is the static primary/ secondary DNS servers on my modem/router. I suspect that rebooting my router caused things to default back to the router, but how do I get AGH functioning again?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Check if your router has activated the DHCP server. If yes, disable it and activate the one on AGH.
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

Router DHCP server was/ is already disabled. AGH DHCP server was/is enabled. I then tried disabling and re-enabling it. Got the msg "AGH could not determine if there is another active DHCP server on the network." The AGH server is running.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

If you have a Windows box, you could run ipconfig -all to check what the DHCP server is who has assigned IP address to your client.
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

DHCP server 192.168.1.100, the address of the dietpi with AGH.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

And the assignment DNS server is 9.9.9.9 or does it probably assign 2 DNS server maybe?