Integrated wifi Raspberry 3B not working Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Rasdi

Integrated wifi Raspberry 3B not working

Post by Rasdi »

Hello,

just donwloaded the DietPi_RPi-ARMv6-Buster.img and intalled it on my Raspberry 3 B v1.2.

Before i connected the Raspberry to the internet, i could see the internal wifi adapter in the dietpi configuration. But I could not connect it to to my wifi. i connected an usb wifi dongle and entered my SSID and password. This works immediately. After that dietpi made an update and after this update i could not see and select the integrated wifi of the raspberry 3B anymore. How can I use the integrated wifi with dietpi?

Happy about your answers and help!

Greetings
Rasdi
Joulinar

Re: Integrated wifi Raspberry 3B not working

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

within dietpi-config, OnBoard Wifi is set to ON? Your WiFi is providing 2,4 GHz network?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rasdi

Post by Rasdi »

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, it is 2,4GHz. With my external USB wifi dongle it works. But the "onboard wifi" is not even listed in my dietpi-config adapter options, only Ethernet and Wifi (my external USB adapter is connected).
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

for testing purposes, can you remove the external USB adapter and connect your system via Ethernet ?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rasdi

Post by Rasdi »

Now it is working :D , I dont know why . I have always assumed that the on board adapter must be listed in the settings under the wifi adapter.
Thanks for helping!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

at least it's fixed now 8)
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

short question. Did you update to DietPi v6.29.2 and afterwards you faced the issue?