Your very own personal cloud based backup/data storage system (eg: Dropbox) with ownCloud.
- Also Installs: Webserver
- USB dedicated hard drive highly recommended.
Access web interface:
URL = http://localhost/owncloud where 'localhost' can be substituted by local server IP or hostname, to access remotely.
Username = admin
Password = <your global password>
You may want to configure your ownCloud from command line via occ command: ownCloud admin manual
We added a shortcut to the otherwise necessary 'sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ':
Just use 'occ' followed by the desired command inside your terminal.
Update ownCloud to latest version:
- Either use the web-based updater from within the ownCloud web UI settings.
- Or use the updater script from console (recommended):
Code: Select all
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/updater/application.php 1
- Or follow the official documentation for a manual upgrade process: https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_m ... grade.html
Where is my data stored?
- /mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data (or dietpi.txt choice)
DietPi will automatically apply the max supported upload size to the PHP and ownCloud configs.
- 32bit systems can handle 2GB
- 64bit systems can handle 8796PB, yep, in petabyte
- echo -e "$(( $(php -r 'print(PHP_INT_MAX);') / 1024 / 1024))MB"
- Your userdata directory will stay after uninstallation.
- As well a database backup will be saved to your userdata directory.
- Thus you can easily restore your instance by reinstalling ownCloud and restore the database dump.
>> Return to DietPi-Software List