I'm able to get this working with a Pi Zero and Adafruit Mini PiTFT. Here are the steps I followed:
1. Download the Adafruit script as mentioned here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-min ... le-install
Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/adafruit/Raspberry-Pi-Installer-Scripts.git
chmod +x adafruit-pitft.sh
2. After following all the steps below, run the script with the homedir parameter: ./adafruit-pitft.sh -u /home/dietpi
3. Do a apt-get install setuptools
4. Do apt-get install wheel
5. Go to dietpi-software > software additional software > Python Pip
(I also remember running apt-get install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev python-tk from jackspace above). From dietpi-config I have also enabled I2C and in the Display Options clicked on LCD panel and selected the waveshare32 option.
6. Then I got an error about gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf. Did apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf
7. After that I got a make error. Did sudo apt-get install build-essential
8. Do apt-get install raspi-config
9. Do a adduser pi and set its password
10. Make sure raspi-config is working fine
11. Got an error related to rc.local. created /etc/rc.local, made it an executable chmod +x /etc/rc.local, edited it and added following lines:
Code: Select all
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# By default this script does nothing.
# Print the IP address
_IP=$(hostname -I) || true
if [ "$_IP" ]; then
printf "My IP address is %s\n" "$_IP"
12. Start rc.local service: systemctl start rc-local and make sure that it is running: systemctl status rc-local
13. Finally run ./adafruit-pitft.sh -u /home/dietpi
14. If everything is successful, script asks for a reboot, and terminal display is shown on TFT