Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links?

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Post Reply
Nathan_Wilkes
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links?

Post by Nathan_Wilkes »

Over the weekend I reinstalled DietPI on a Raspberry Pi Zero W. The download image was 6.2, which upgraded to version 6.4 as part of the install process. I installed some software (lighttpd, openssh), and created a /root/.bash_profile with some commands. I now note that running "dietpi-config" fails unless the full path is provided, and that upon login I don't get the customary DietPi information.

Can I fix this through the gui?
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links?

Post by Fourdee »

Nathan_Wilkes wrote:Over the weekend I reinstalled DietPI on a Raspberry Pi Zero W. The download image was 6.2, which upgraded to version 6.4 as part of the install process. I installed some software (lighttpd, openssh), and created a /root/.bash_profile with some commands. I now note that running "dietpi-config" fails unless the full path is provided, and that upon login I don't get the customary DietPi information.

Can I fix this through the gui?
Hi,

Please do not remove the DietPi entries in /root/.bashrc

Ensure the following entries exist at the end of the file above:

Code: Select all

. /DietPi/dietpi/func/dietpi-globals
/DietPi/dietpi/login
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Nathan_Wilkes
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Re: Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links? [SOLVED]

Post by Nathan_Wilkes »

Thanks for the fix. I did not delete anything from the .bash_profile file, BTW, so I am not sure what exactly happened.
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links? [SOLVED]

Post by Fourdee »

Nathan_Wilkes wrote:Thanks for the fix. I did not delete anything from the .bash_profile file, BTW, so I am not sure what exactly happened.
Apologies, should of been /root/.bashrc

Please can you verify those entries exist?

And please paste results of service status for:

Code: Select all

systemctl status dietpi-ramdisk -l
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
User avatar
k-plan
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links?

Post by k-plan »

Code: Select all

root@RPi-Zero:~# systemctl status dietpi-ramdisk -l
● dietpi-ramdisk.service - DietPi-RAMdisk
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/dietpi-ramdisk.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Wed 2018-03-14 07:49:08 GMT; 44min ago
   CGroup: /system.slice/dietpi-ramdisk.service

Mar 14 07:49:06 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: Starting DietPi-RAMdisk...
Mar 14 07:49:08 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: Started DietPi-RAMdisk.
Mar 14 07:49:08 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: dietpi-ramdisk.service: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice/dietpi-ramdisk.service, ignoring: Operation not supported
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Version 6.4 Raspberry Pi Zero W - broken links?

Post by Fourdee »

k-plan wrote:

Code: Select all

root@RPi-Zero:~# systemctl status dietpi-ramdisk -l
● dietpi-ramdisk.service - DietPi-RAMdisk
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/dietpi-ramdisk.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Wed 2018-03-14 07:49:08 GMT; 44min ago
   CGroup: /system.slice/dietpi-ramdisk.service

Mar 14 07:49:06 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: Starting DietPi-RAMdisk...
Mar 14 07:49:08 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: Started DietPi-RAMdisk.
Mar 14 07:49:08 RPi-Zero systemd[1]: dietpi-ramdisk.service: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice/dietpi-ramdisk.service, ignoring: Operation not supported
Thanks @K-plan

If you get time:
- Anything installed on the system?
- Same error after multiple reboots?
- systemctl restart dietpi-ramdisk
- /DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-ramdisk 0

Quick test here is fine with ZeroW:
- V6.3 > v6.3
- note: RPi kernel updated via APT

Code: Select all

root@DietPi:~# systemctl status dietpi-ramdisk.service -l
● dietpi-ramdisk.service - DietPi-RAMdisk
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/dietpi-ramdisk.service; enabled; vendo
reset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Wed 2018-03-14 20:30:35 GMT; 5min ag
o
  Process: 282 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c /boot/dietpi/dietpi-ramdisk 0 &>> /var/
/dietpi/logs/dietpi-ramdisk.log (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 268 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/tmp/dietpi/logs (code=exited,
tus=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/dietpi-ramdisk.service

Mar 14 20:30:32 DietPi systemd[1]: Starting DietPi-RAMdisk...
Mar 14 20:30:35 DietPi systemd[1]: Started DietPi-RAMdisk.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Post Reply