External HDD Issues

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: External HDD Issues

Post by Joulinar »

Can you check /etc/fstab if the usb device is still in? If yes pls remove and reboot your system.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
TurtleP

Post by TurtleP »

It's not in /etc/fstab, so I just went and rebooted the Pi
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

And placing the stick in one of the other usb ports doesn't show it up on drive manager? Did you checked the journal?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
TurtleP

Post by TurtleP »

Right, I unmounted it before the reboot and then scanned for added or removed drives. Nothing came up. Now the Pi has rebooted and it sees the USB drive now.

EDIT: and it just disappeared.

Here's some output I captured: https://pastebin.com/ZiUy0EM8
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Anything in the journal about this?
TurtleP

Post by TurtleP »

Scanned the journal, pretty much the same output as my last post's edit.

https://pastebin.com/Nf9VA2Dv
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hmm looks the usb device is simply disappearing. Well you could check with a different usb device to verify the behaviour, if possible.

On the other hand, do you have a different SD card? Maybe to verify with a standard raspbian lite.
TurtleP

Post by TurtleP »

I do have another micro SD card. I'll try to raspbian lite. This is the second USB device I've tried with this, so it's weird. I'll report back on how raspbian lite is.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Ok using raspbian lite will verify if there is all fine one hardware. If raspbian lite is working, we can simply migrate to DietPi executing 1 script 😉. Afterward we can check behaviour again. Hope we can get closer to it.
TurtleP

Post by TurtleP »

Alright, I am confused as to what happened here.

I had plugged in the micro HDMI and my keyboard and maybe after almost a minute, both of them stopped working.
I tried to change input back to HDMI and it refuses. Keyboard stopped working in the middle of trying to run lsblk to check for the USB.