Fluctuating speeds on deluge

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Siren

Fluctuating speeds on deluge

Post by Siren » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi!
I just did a fresh install of DietPi and started downloading a few torrents to an external hard drive with deluge, but the speeds of all torrents keep fluctuating between 50kib/s and 2mb/s. They're well seeded and my port is open. Also, I didn't have this problem with raspbian, so I believe it's not a hardware issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? I read that might be related to the hard drive speeds, and I've noticed that everything related to the HD is slower than before (copy/paste, re-checking downloads, plex won't stream 4k anymore). Are there any settings on DietPi that I can change to improve this?

Thank you!

WarHawk

Re: Fluctuating speeds on deluge

Post by WarHawk » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:17 am

this is a I/O problem...going to have to set the cpu frequency to performance...

I had to do the same thing on my SBC as well

Siren

Post by Siren » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks, this solved a lot of problems I've been having, but unfortunately not the fluctuating speeds :/
Any ideas?

Siren

Post by Siren » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Update: it seems like it's a problem with deluge. I've tried qbittorrent and everything's fine.

Siren

Post by Siren » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:34 am

Another update: I was wrong. The speeds fluctuate on transmission, qbittorrent and deluge.

It seems to be related to the number of torrents I have on the client. One torrent alone shows fast and stable speed, but the speed starts fluctuating when I add 3 - 5 torrents.

I have no idea what to do, would appreciate any help! Thank you :)

johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:37 am

Maybe the limiting factor is how quickly the data can be written to the HD? If it attached through a USB2 interface data transfer speeds are not that good. You haven't said what hardware you are using?

John

Siren

Post by Siren » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, with 2 WD MyPassport HDs (2TB each).
I don't think it's a hardware issue because I was using the exact same hardware with Raspbian and everything worked as expected.