DietPi-Software: Software keeps selected on failed install Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
rainer

DietPi-Software: Software keeps selected on failed install

Post by rainer »

Hello!

As I played around with diepi as pinhole with dnscrypt I had the scenario that software installation failed because of a missing name-server. This part was my fault.
The software I selected for installation was still selected after this failed installation and diet software did count the software as installed, so I could not reselect it and give it another try.
Think this might be good to know if somebody stumbles around installation problems due to whatever reason...
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: DietPi-Software: Software keeps selected on failed insta

Post by Fourdee »

rainer wrote:Hello!

As I played around with diepi as pinhole with dnscrypt I had the scenario that software installation failed because of a missing name-server. This part was my fault.
The software I selected for installation was still selected after this failed installation and diet software did count the software as installed, so I could not reselect it and give it another try.
Think this might be good to know if somebody stumbles around installation problems due to whatever reason...
Hi rainer,

Thanks for letting us know. We are looking at improving the installed software detection in DietPi-Software, to be more accurate.

Uninstalling PiHole through DietPi-Software will reset the install state. However, you can manually set PiHole to "not installed". Simply edit the following file:

Code: Select all

nano /DietPi/dietpi/.installed
Find the entry aSOFTWARE_INSTALL_STATE[93]=2 and change it to aSOFTWARE_INSTALL_STATE[93]=0
Once you save changes (CTRL+X, Y, enter), the next time you run DietPi-Software, PiHole will not be flagged as installed.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.