Booting DietPi on Nano PC T3 Plus

Hello,

I have recently land my hands on a Nano PC T3 Plus board and I wanted to boot DietPi on it.

As a first test I did it on a Raspberry Pi 4. It was really easy and smooth. Just download the image for the Raspberry from the DietPi Webpage, flash it on the SD card and then boot it on the Raspberry.

However, following the exact same procedure but for the Nano PC T3 Plus board does not boot DietPi.
For the PC T3 I am using the NanoPi M3/T3 image. I am flashing the image to the SD card using Balena Etcher. When I switch on the Nano PC T3 plus, while pressing the boot button (to boot from SD card), all I can see is the U-boot Armbian black screen and nothing else happens (I have waited for more than 5 minutes to see if it eventually booted).

I have tried to boot a Armbian:

But it was also a headache to make it boot. Managed to do so following this forum;

I do not know if the issue is related, just mentioning it for further information.

I have read and searched in several forums and solution but nothing so far. In those forums I have read that several people have managed to Boot the NanoPi M3/T3 image to the Nano PC T3 (without plus).

Does anyone else have faced this issue?

Thanks.