Remote control for kodi Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
ebohe

Remote control for kodi

Post by ebohe »

Hello, I have a problem, I have a raspberry pi zero w to which I have installed the dietpi distribution with the installed kodi and tvheadend. Everything works very well, the problem is that I have a Xenta Wireless Receiver (Keyboard and Mouse) and I would like to do is to press a button on the remote to open the kodi from the console (since the dietpi starts in text mode because I do not have a desktop installed) by means of a script or something, that is to say without lirc, since the control to be usb already works of luxury in kodi. I do not know if it's possible what I want because I can not find anything anywhere. Thank you.
lucasmenno

Re: Remote control for kodi

Post by lucasmenno »

Have you tried the Autostart option inside Dietpi?
Kodi-startoption.png
Kodi-startoption.png (8.24 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
dietpi-config > Autostart options

Maybe this little thing will already make what you want :)
Everything i say can and maybe will be corrected by the DietPi seniors in this forum :D
BananaPi M1 using image for BananaPi Pro.
-1TB HDD, Network storage,Downloader(JD,Deluge,ripme) testing what looks interesting.
ebohe

Post by ebohe »

lucasmenno wrote:Have you tried the Autostart option inside Dietpi?
Kodi-startoption.png
dietpi-config > Autostart options

Maybe this little thing will already make what you want :)
hello lucasmenno if that option had already contemplated but does not cover my needs, I'm not interested in the kodi start automatically at first but do so when I press a button on the remote control and meanwhile allow the system in text mode to that does not consume many resources because rasberry pi zero does not have much power. Thank you very much.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

I note Lucasmenno you are using Banana PI M1, as am I - have you seen this thread:

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f ... it=+banana
lucasmenno

Post by lucasmenno »

Yes I've seen this thread, but I'm not running kodi on my BPI ;)
I thought he wanted to start kodi with the system.
Everything i say can and maybe will be corrected by the DietPi seniors in this forum :D
-1TB HDD, Network storage,Downloader(JD,Deluge,ripme) testing what looks interesting.
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

Would a python script monitoring the wifi interface and when it sees the button entry presses then run a "kodi start" script work?
ebohe

Post by ebohe »

WarHawk wrote:Would a python script monitoring the wifi interface and when it sees the button entry presses then run a "kodi start" script work?
hello what you say sounds interesting but I think the name of the remote has confused (Xenta Wireless Receiver) since although it has that name does not work for wifi but for usb and infrared, anyway I am very lost in python you could guide me or tell me where I can document?
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

lucasmenno wrote:Yes I've seen this thread, but I'm not running kodi on my BPI ;)
I thought he wanted to start kodi with the system.
I was referring to the replacement .fex file not kodi....should have been more explicit.

As far as I know there are few people using DietPi with BananaPi M1.

Maybe just two :)
lucasmenno

Post by lucasmenno »

Okay, haha. No I haven't installed the fex files..
But I haven't expirienced any troubles with this install.
1 time it was going too hot and shut itself off, that was when I tried YaCy, 15 minutes in and the 'what is YaCy?' was ended sooner as expected :D .
My BPI has no fan or any cooling. It's in a little cardboard box with a hdd. Temps are mostly around 45°C.
Would the fex make any significant differences?
Sry for using this thread for another topic :)
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Not sure, I just followed Fourdee's advice that the .fex file for the other BPi may cause overvolting on the M1. Been running fine for months now.