DietPi-Automation - DNS nameserver, APT proxy and specific packages to install Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: DietPi-Automation - DNS nameserver, APT proxy and specific packages to install

Post by MichaIng »

Oh yes that is a good question and should be adjusted. Both match if the dns-nameserver entry is effective, but if not, /etc/resolv.conf is what is used by the underlying DNS resulting system library.
vonloschz

Re: DietPi-Automation - DNS nameserver, APT proxy and specific packages to install

Post by vonloschz »

@Joulinar
exactly.

@MichaIng
Thanks for this explication. Nice details.
I would like to see a real fqdn into my /etc/hosts and a valid answer from the hostname -f / domain.

Code: Select all

127.0.1.1       thishost.mydomain.org  thishost
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

setting a FQDN is not something DietPi will do at the moment as DietPi did not know anything on your domain ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Actually I was thinking about adding a public domain/FQDN setting to /boot/dietpi.txt. It is required for some software installs (where we now ask interactively), can enhance other installs (when server name is checked against request hostname of client, like in ownCloud + Nextcloud) and can be used as default input and set as result of dietpi-letsencrypt and dietpi-ddns as well.

Based on that, a dietpi-letsencrypt CLI would allow further automation, and it allows to have the FQDN added automatically to /etc/hosts as alias for the local hostname (if both do not match) or the other way round.