How prepare the transition/upgrade from Buster to next version? Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
mail2rst

Re: How prepare the transition/upgrade from Buster to next version?

Post by mail2rst »

i have followed the above procedure to migrate from buster to bullseye. all of my system works on bullseye. I think with this command

sed -i 's/bullseye/buster/' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*mosquitto*.list

we override the buster image off mqtt broker on bullseye system. as now bullseye component available for mqtt broker so we have to correct this command so that system will pick bullseye file.
Last edited by mail2rst on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

basically just change the command and switch buster <> bullseye

Code: Select all

sed -i 's/buster/bullseye/' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*mosquitto*.list
apt update
apt upgrade
but it should be same version of mosquitto. They just added Bullseye repository without changes on mosquitto themselves
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
mail2rst

Post by mail2rst »

Thanks,
gasto

Post by gasto »

Hey guys, one of my Dietpi images is currently running on an Orange Pi Zero SBC (I followed these steps: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -280771944), but I'm not sure if the upgrade from Buster to Bullseye is supported on that board.

I wanted to check with you just in case if the guide on the blog (https://dietpi.com/blog/?p=811) would work for manually upgrading the system before doing anything.

Thanks as usual!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

usually the guide should work same as it is not specified for specific devices. However we are not able to test the process on all SBC available. Therefore we recommend to do a full backup of the system before. Best would be to clone the SD card.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
gasto

Post by gasto »

Got it, I'll try then. Thanks Joulinar ;)