Setup Becoming Messy! Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Setup Becoming Messy!

Post by Joulinar »

demo.file was just for testing purposes and can be deleted.

Usually sabnzbd has correct permissions and can write to your Synology. Post-processing is that done in sabnzbd or do you use any other software like sonarr / radarr? Btw did you specified somewhere on post-processing to change file system permissions? Because this will not have any effect (or is failing) as all files and directories on your samba share will have 770 permission by default. And you are not able to change this as samba did not support unix file system permissions.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Tasshu

Post by Tasshu »

Hello Joulinar,

The Post-Processing is done from Sonarr (unless I'm downloading Manually) I've not touched the permissions, It's currently set to 777.

The more I'm looking into this issue the more I feel like it's not actually a dietpi issue but a Synology problem.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

No this has nothing to do with your synology. This is more the challenge of SAMBA. Because SAMBA did not support any unix file system permissions. Whatever Sonarr is trying to do (change permissions) will not work. Anyway you could check if Sonarr user belong to dietpi group as well. I guess yes.

Code: Select all

groups sonarr
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Tasshu

Post by Tasshu »

Oh okay, apologies I'm not great with all this.

I've run the command:

sonarr : sonarr dietpi
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

no problem, nobody was born as IT expert. ;)

OK sonarr is port of DietPi group as well. That's OK

I guess you would need to disable feature in Sonarr to change permissions. If you have enabled Advanced settings in Sonarr, it should be somewhere on Settings > Media Management.
Tasshu

Post by Tasshu »

Thank you haha :)

That's now working! I've not had an error since doing some adjustments.

Thank you so much Joulinar!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok perfect. good that your system is now working fine :)