Reliability issues

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
keithellis

Re: Reliability issues

Post by keithellis »

I've had this happen a couple more times now. I've ordered some more SD cards, so far gone through about 8 SD cards. So far I have linked this problem this to one of the following:
1) NextCloud
2) Fail2Ban
3) CertBot
4) Lets Encrypt.

It worked fine for weeks running a web server, Wiring Pi, Open Hab etc. I install the above and it breaks after one week.

I'm trying again now but this time going to try OwnCloud to see if I have more luck.

Keith.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

keithellis wrote:IIt worked fine for weeks running a web server, Wiring Pi, Open Hab etc. I install the above and it breaks after one week.
Hi Keith,

Very strange.

Probably nothing, but it might be worth increasing the swapfile size, just incase any of those program has a reoccurring memory leak. Can be done in
  • dietpi-config > Advanced Options > Swapfile (try max size)
Then see if it runs stable for a longer period. You can also use htop to check for current resource usage.

Failing that:
It could be possible your SBC has a hardware failure, although, I wouldn't come to that conclusion until you are able to test with the following to exclude SD/PSU:
  • Sandisk Ultra/Extreme (I personally use Sandisk only, had issues with other brands over the years and especially the cheap `China-town ones`)
  • Offical RPi PSU
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
keithellis

Post by keithellis »

Fingers crossed, all seems to be working now. I've reverted back to ownCloud rather than NextCloud though.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

keithellis wrote:Fingers crossed, all seems to be working now. I've reverted back to ownCloud rather than NextCloud though.
Excellent, thanks Keith. Please keep us updated of any issues, if/when they occur.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.