RPi 3 to ASUS Tinker Board

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
schmeckles22

RPi 3 to ASUS Tinker Board

Post by schmeckles22 »

Hello,

I am currently setting up my environment on the RPi 3 and in a few days I will have the ASUS Tinker Board in my possession and the plan is to backup and restore to it.

RPi 3 is ARMv6 and Tinker Board is ARMv7, Will this be an issue? Or will the backup work fine as they are both on ARM architecture, I thought I would check before I continue any further with my project.
k-plan

Re: RPi 3 to ASUS Tinker Board

Post by k-plan »

Hello,
schmeckles22 wrote: Will this be an issue?
A dietpi-backup ?

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f ... rt=30#p255

Yes, it will simple not work. But you can easy test it. Nothing will get broken, it will simple not start up.
schmeckles22 wrote:RPi 3 is ARMv6 and Tinker Board is ARMv7
Aside from this, RPi based on "Rasbian" and Tinker Board on "TinkerOS" all based on "Debian" but with hadware specific closed source binary blobs in their special compiled kernels.
And ARM boards use different boot up sequence and routine, eg. Das U-Boot, because they have no BIOS or UEFI.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.
schmeckles22

Re: RPi 3 to ASUS Tinker Board

Post by schmeckles22 »

k-plan wrote:Hello,
schmeckles22 wrote: Will this be an issue?
Yes, it will simple not work. But you can test it.
schmeckles22 wrote:RPi 3 is ARMv6 and Tinker Board is ARMv7
Aside from this, RPi based on "Rasbian" and Tinker Board on "TinkerOS" all based on "Debian" but with hadware specific closed source binary blobs in their special compiled kernels.

Thank you for the reply, I will give it a shot. Worst case scenario I will just copy the configuration files over first for hostapd and PHP and install the binaries.