PHP needs 64 bits integers

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
RollingDutch

PHP needs 64 bits integers

Post by RollingDutch »

I'm having problems with Wordpress. It works reeally well, unless I want to activate a plugin that makes a backup to dropbox. Then Iget the following:
"The Dropbox SDK uses 64-bit integers, but it looks like we're running on a version of PHP that doesn't support 64-bit integers (PHP_INT_MAX=2147483647). Library: "/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/backup/com/lib/Dropbox/RequestUtil.php"

I've been in contact with teh author of the plugin, but they can't help. SO I'm a bit stuck. How can I change PHP so that it works with the above?
Joulinar

Re: PHP needs 64 bits integers

Post by Joulinar »

well if that application require a 64bit OS, you would need to use a 64bit OS. What kind of system/image you are running?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
RollingDutch

Post by RollingDutch »

Running Dietpi on a Raspberry Pi. The problem is that a 64 bits system doesn't seem to work with my SSD, only 32bits. I believe it's the Armv7 build
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

hmm you could force your kernel to simulate 64bit. But something I would not really recommend as you system / userland will be 32bit still but kernel will run 64bit. This could lead to conflicts if your system will try to install packages and go for 64bit once. Something you might need to try to see if it's fixing your issue.

Edit /boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

nano /boot/config.txt
Go to the very end of the file and add this line:

arm_64bit=1
reboot your system

reboot
Verify you are running the 64-bit kernel with

uname -a
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team