Dietpi and file permissions

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
mythone

Dietpi and file permissions

Post by mythone »

Hi everyone, I think some time ago I did some chown -R changes which broke some services starting. I went through the github software installation and re ran the chmod codes for various dietpi software, e.g. qbitorrent, sonarr, radarr etc. Everything is working again. However, just wondering if I really want to make sure everything is 100% stable should I just do a dietpi-software reinstall <id> Will that overwrite any existing settings/config i've made is it like a repair or is it a complete reinstall as mentioned? Everything works currently and it's been fine but the past couple days communication between qbittorrent and sonarr is a bit clunky whereby the downloads finished and sonarr is frozen thinking the download is still e.g. 37.8% completed.

I also run rpi-monitor but lately I also see that swapfile never really seems to get accessed at all? Considering I leave this pi on 24/7 I used to see it access quite a lot of swapfile from time to time. Wondering if that can cause part of the slowdowns too. Thanks.

I have way too much config that I really can't be bothered currently to blow away my system and start again, particularly when it works currently. Thanks again.
Joulinar

Re: Dietpi and file permissions

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

you simply can perform a dietpi-backup and run the re-installation. If the re-installation is not working or causing other issues, you could restore the system from your backup.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
mythone

Post by mythone »

Only problem I am really facing at the moment is that torrents finish in qbitorrent but it is not reflected in sonarr. It says 0:00 time remaining and although it is finished and seeding it never actually finishes sometimes and imports the episode. Any ideas?? Doing my head in.
mythone

Post by mythone »

Bump. Any ideas on this one? Not sure if it is a sonarr/qbit issue.Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it just gets hung up although the torrent has finished.