NordVPN server list not populating fully Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
chucklesmcgee

NordVPN server list not populating fully

Post by chucklesmcgee »

Running 6.33.3 on an RPi4.

Nordvpn is presently recommending us servers in the 6000-8000 range, eg us6923.nordvpn.com. Yet the highest listed us server for me is us6049.nordvpn.com. On a pi3 I have running, the highest listed us server is us62xx.nordvpn.com.

Running the "Refresh" command doesn't appear to fix this. I guess I can manually edit my config, but is there a nicer workaround?
Joulinar

Re: NordVPN server list not populating fully

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your message. Server list is downloaded during initial installation. Basically you would have 2 option
  1. perform a reinstall of NordVPN, this should download a fresh server list

Code: Select all

dietpi-software reinstall 171
  2. or download the list list manual

cd /tmp/
    curl -sSfL https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip -o 171.zip
    unzip -o 171.zip -d/etc/openvpn
    rm 171.zip
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

I hope there is no limit for the length of the list in the whiptail menu :?, the current server list archive at least contains US 8000+ servers.
Probably we should add an option to update the server list. "Refresh" is more meant to refresh the server/connection status shown at the top of the menu.
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

MichaIng wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:44 pm Probably we should add an option to update the server list. "Refresh" is more meant to refresh the server/connection status shown at the top of the menu.
That would definitely be helpful. Nord has been adding and renaming many of their servers lately
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

Joulinar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:41 pm [*]or download the list list manual

cd /tmp/
curl -sSfL https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip -o 171.zip
unzip -o 171.zip -d/etc/openvpn
rm 171.zip
[/list]
That was a fast fix, thanks!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

yep that's basically exactly the same as a re-installation would do, just manually :)

@MichaIng
I will go to update NordVPN script to include a server refresh functionality
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team