Sonarr/Radarr services failed on v6.29.2 Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Sonarr/Radarr services failed on v6.29.2

Post by Joulinar »

Well this is an option that can be added to the mono exec command. I tried doing this, added it to the start command and executed on CLI. It was just giving hundert of lines flying by but did not start Sonarr. Not sure how to use it.

Still strange for me that Sonarr will be installed with version 2.0.0.5343 from sonarr apt package but there is 2.0.0.5344 offered on sonarr admin page as well as on GitHub
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Mine has been stable for a whole day now where it was crashing constantly before. No guarantees this will work but wont hurt

Code: Select all

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service
Add the --debug to this line so it looks like:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug -O=-aot /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr
If you have radarr - do the same thing for it:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service
Make the same change as per sonarr:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug -O=-aot /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/radarr
Then reload the systemd services config:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload
Restart the services:

sudo systemctl restart sonarr

sudo systemctl restart radarr
Once you can login to the GUI, update them by going to:
System -> Updates -> Install the latest update of both

See how you go, hopefully that helps, i think the --debug was the only thing that actually helped (not sure what that does beyond logging extra info to the debug log) but Sonarr and Radarr were both warning it was missing so it wont hurt to have it there.
kazgor

Post by kazgor »

I already added --debug for a while now and it still crashes.. it goes for about an hour then crashes...
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Weird mine is all stable after doing this.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Apt upgrade did pull some mono updates so might be worth doing if you haven't already
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

GaryD wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 pm Weird mine is all stable after doing this.
I'm going to try it. Gary, which version of sonarr did apt command give you? I wasn't picking up the most recent version of the software when I did it last....
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

Joulinar wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 am Well this is an option that can be added to the mono exec command. I tried doing this, added it to the start command and executed on CLI. It was just giving hundert of lines flying by but did not start Sonarr. Not sure how to use it.

Still strange for me that Sonarr will be installed with version 2.0.0.5343 from sonarr apt package but there is 2.0.0.5344 offered on sonarr admin page as well as on GitHub
It actually only *looks* like it's not starting sonarr. I wouldn't recommend anyone run that --trace version of the startup command on an rpi. Doing so on mine just about set my pi on fire and finally caused a broken ssh pipe that required a restart on the pi.

The issue with the apt versions is that one is a dev version, according to a dev on the sonarr discord.
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

GaryD wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 pm Weird mine is all stable after doing this.
Adding --debug didn't work here either. FYI. Thanks, anyway, for the tip, Gary.

Here are the last lines of the debug log before the crash:

20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Debug|FetchAndParseRssService|Available indexers 1
20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Debug|Newznab|Downloading Feed https://api.nzbgeek.info/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100

Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok I found the point why a dev version is installed. You can switch to master by doing

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list
and change develop into master

afterwards you can run apt update && apt upgrade and you will be updated to nzbdrone 2.0.0.5344
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

Joulinar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 pm ok I found the point why a dev version is installed. You can switch to master by doing

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list
and change develop into master

afterwards you can run apt update && apt upgrade and you will be updated to nzbdrone 2.0.0.5344
Thank you for this!