Google Cloud Print service errors -- can't authorize. Ideas welcome! Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Google Cloud Print service errors -- can't authorize. Ideas welcome!

Post by MichaIng »

@Joulinar
Good find, we used an invalid variable name there: dashes are not allowed in variable names, hence the package was not added correctly. dev branch only issue, fixed with: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/comm ... fe263fa001
Probably you found the new error handler convenient here which allows to fix a failing command in such cases without a need to exit the installer :D.
mail2rst

Post by mail2rst »

thanks after giving "apt install python3-requests" command system able to work with google printer. thanks for your kind help
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@MichaIng
first I was a little bit irritated on the error handling as I was not expecting it. But than I was using the feature to change the executed command and was thinking: What an awesome development. Well done. Really nice und useful. 8)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
fionaellie

Post by fionaellie »

I uninstalled and reinstalled GCP and it worked for a bit -- I could use `cps-auth` and it replied with "no printers available". Adding my printer is what caused the issue. I have a non-standard Dell color laser printer (C1660w) but there is no option to add this particular printer. Maybe adding it properly would help. Anyone know what profile to use?

Thanks
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

So you have cloud print working now? I'm not an expert on cloud print but on my test I have seen, that you could select drivers during printer installation. So maybe you need to check with Dell if they have driver packages for Debian/Linux. Next to that, you could check using some PS drivers. These are more generic drivers and could work.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team