VPN providers for DietPi

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
hknoisyboy

Re: VPN providers for DietPi

Post by hknoisyboy »

Reading out some best vpn service providers here https://rivipedia.com/best-vpn-service-providers/
Which you is the best ???
aftensleuk

Post by aftensleuk »

Personally I'd never use any other VPN-provider than Mullvad. They don't require any information whatsoever from you. They actually prefer if you pay them cash. You can pay with Bitcoin too (though Bitcoin can be traced back to you). You're free to pay with credit card and other common payment methods too; your payment won't be traceable to your specific account anyway.

Speeds are great. They donate a lot of their income to Wireguard developers and other companies associated with freedom of speech.
brucelee

Post by brucelee »

I also use Nordvpn. After half a year of use, I think Nordvpn is indeed the best VPN, based in Panama, with strict zero-logging strategy, powerful encryption, distributed global and fast servers, excellent client and flow. media support. And the price of Nordvpn is also very favorable, the price is as low as 2.99 US dollars per month.

Nordvpn is recommended. ExpressVPN is also good, but the price of expressvpn is relatively expensive.

Surfshark is also great, the price is cheaper than Nordvpn, $1.99 per month.

You can choose one of Nordvpn, Expressvpn, and surfshark. Very good.

Hope it helps you.
Finding the best VPN to keep you safe online is important: https://www.topvpnguides.com/
ghettopi

Post by ghettopi »

Guys fun fact. Every single one of these "pro" NordVPN posts are bots or paid advertisers of NordVPN.

I recommend: https://www.thatoneprivacysite.net/

It has a comparison of hundreds of VPN services. Pick and choose what suits your needs and be wary of shill posts and astroturfing. If you see low post counts but people advertising a service, it's definitely a bot or an advertiser.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@ghettopi
Not every single one, but in case of rosemartine I agree, at least about being a NordVPN advertiser, although at least transparent from the profile "Interests: Digital Marketing".

Sorry @rosemartine, we removed other users for the same reason. Even that we promote NordVPN ourselves in this forum, we do not accept bots or advertisers registering for advertising reasons only.

We really need to write some terms of use about this topic, where we can base our actions on :?.
mikebrian1

Post by mikebrian1 »

Don't know which VPN works well for DietPi but I recently subscribed Fastest VPN and configure at the router to secure our IP, data security & privacy. There're many VPNs providers in the market and almost all the service providers claiming that their product is best for all-purpose. let see the Fastest VPN works for DietPi or not.
melaniestaines

Post by melaniestaines »

I would like to build the RPiVPN but I have a hard time believing that an RPi is going to handle that much traffic.
Xiande

Post by Xiande »

I use Veepn https://veepn.com/. Pretty good VPN and so far I haven't had any problems with it. There were no failures or errors. Here you need to prop up the VPN for yourself.
Last edited by Xiande on Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mail2rst

Post by mail2rst »

Just advice. if i configure my raspberry with any provider either by openvpn or wireguard protocol. how to divert all of my home data to through raspberry pi. is i have to install vpn app in each device?
my basic question raspberry pi server connect/link with VPN service provider.
but how my devises are link with my raspberry pi? the router is the person which act as gateway. how all the data pass through the VPN configured raspberry pi.
in pi hole it is easy just change DNS server in router. for data passage what i have to do? also it is not theoretical problematic. like bandwidth is just half as first all data go to router to raspberry pi & same data after encryption go back through raspberry pi to router then ISP. is it adverse effect anywhere.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well you would need to adjust your clients to use your PI as gateway instead of your router
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team