HiFi (ympd) Alternative Topic is solved

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
cllgnc89

HiFi (ympd) Alternative

Post by cllgnc89 »

At least for me the Hifi music player (ympd) hasn't had any sound output for the last few releases on raspi b+ and odroid c1+. I would like to suggest cherrymusic as an alternative. It is fairly lightweight and the navigation is slightly better than ympd.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: HiFi (ympd) Alternative

Post by Fourdee »

cllgnc89 wrote:At least for me the Hifi music player (ympd) hasn't had any sound output for the last few releases on raspi b+ and odroid c1+. I would like to suggest cherrymusic as an alternative. It is fairly lightweight and the navigation is slightly better than ympd.
I'll have to get out my RPi B and test. Were you running Jessie/Wheezy on the RPi B+?

I'll check the C1 installation tomorrow.

CheeryMusic looks interesting thanks for sharing, I've created a ticket for this request. Will look into it when I can.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
cllgnc89

Post by cllgnc89 »

Fourdee wrote:
I'll have to get out my RPi B and test. Were you running Jessie/Wheezy on the RPi B+?

I'll check the C1 installation tomorrow.

CheeryMusic looks interesting thanks for sharing, I've created a ticket for this request. Will look into it when I can.
Never mind I was assuming ympd was like ampache/subsonic. As far as cherrymusic goes I believe it only requires python not the full lamp stack. It's also completely free unlike subsonic.

Thanks again.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

cllgnc89 wrote:Never mind I was assuming ympd was like ampache/subsonic. As far as cherrymusic goes I believe it only requires python not the full lamp stack. It's also completely free unlike subsonic.

Thanks again.
YMPD is a front end for MPD (music player daemon). So its essentially 2 programs.

I just installed HiFi on my C1. Its outputting audio over HDMI fine. Was your TV turned on before you booted up the C1?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
cllgnc89

Post by cllgnc89 »

Sorry I was not clear. my dietpi is not hooked up to a tv or speakers. I thought hifi was a Web streaming server.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

cllgnc89 wrote:Sorry I was not clear. my dietpi is not hooked up to a tv or speakers. I thought hifi was a Web streaming server.
ah :)

Yep, its not a streamer. HiFi is a audio player.