I wanted to try it out on my BananaPi Pro (armv71). Installed and started working on the first try, except the Wifi. I could enable WiFi through dietpi-config but ifup would fail lsmod did not show the device having loaded.
Initially I found older articles that advised that the ap6221 driver needed to be loaded. I started hunting around and found some odd methods to patch this through github. This did not feel like the right solution yet I did try the solutions I had found, none of them worked.
Looking into dmesg further, I noticed errors surrounding brcmfmac43362-sdio.txt not being found or loaded. Further investigation lead me to check the /lib/firmware/brcm/ folder and I could here find brcmfmac43362-sdio.bin yet no txt file.
I found a copy of the file in the bananian distro: https://github.com/nisenbeck/bananian/b ... 2-sdio.txt
I ran the following commands:
The wifi worked upon bootup.
Code: Select all
cd /lib/firmware/brcm/ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nisenbeck/bananian/master/deb/u-boot-m2-bananian_armhf/lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43362-sdio.txt reboot
If you are looking to use WiFi out of the box, here are (Optional) steps you can take:
Pre-configure Wifi Details for DietPi on BananaPi Pro
- Goto my computer, select the SD card and open it.
- Locate the folder boot, find the file dietpi.txt, and open it with Wordpad (Notepad++, or your editor of choice).
- Set Wifi_Enabled=1.
- Enter your ssid Wifi_SSID=MySSID and Wifi_KEY=MyWifiKey (both are case sensitive).
- Save the file.
- Locate the folder lib/firmware/brcm/ and create a new file with your editor called brcmfmac43362-sdio.txt.
- Navigate to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nisen ... 2-sdio.txt in your web browser.
- Select All and Copy the content.
- Paste the content into your editor and save the file.